Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Assignments and Experiments

After many constructive critical remarks from my oldest sister, Miri telling me to become a more diverse photographer rather than just shooting sports I've begun to branch out and am now interested in photographing people/portraits. Luckily for my photography class we were just assigned to photograph people/portraits. So I grabbed the French native speaker, Florian Deredec and my ex-roommate, Nat Clarke and began to do some shooting. At first I had no real idea as to what I was doing or what I was looking for in any of my shots so the majority of the photos came out poorly, but after awhile I semi got the hang of things and got these photos. Just an F.Y.I Nat really isn't a creepy dude and doesn't like to pet skulls I actually made him do it...Feel free to comment on these photos I would really like feedback on them.

Nat petting the creepy skull in the basement of his house...

Nat looking into a sweet light...again in his basement.

Me from the fridge's point of view.

Florian wanted to pose like a Hollywood star...this is what we came up with

1 comment:

  1. Don't limit yourself to what you think are the conventions of portraiture, i.e. try to pressure the limits on what it means to call something a portrait. Robert Mapplethorpe's flowers are as potent as any photograph of a person. Stieglitz's photograph of Georgia O'Keeffee's hands, for instance.

    http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~ian_kannry/Georgia%20O%27Keeffe%201918%203.jpg

    ReplyDelete