Monday, February 2, 2009

Hosakawa Journalism Contest

A few days ago my boss/photo editor Peter Zipparo informed me and the other fellow Pioneer photographers about the Hosakawa journalism contest. So what this is is an endowment that was created by David and Beverly Hosakawa and the Hosakawa Family Foundation that awards those who excel in photojournalism. In short the winner of this contest wins $500...Since $500 is a sum that I couldn't refuse so I submitted a photo -only one entry was allowed per person- in hopes of winning. The only guidelines for this competition was that the image had to have been published in the Pioneer in the last year. Its a long shot but who knows? $500 would be quite the treat! Anyway here is the photo that I submitted...Its not the sharpest image, which saddens me, but the image I submitted is a 5x7 so it looks tack sharp...Hope you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment