Saturday, August 1, 2009

An odd obsession.

I have this strange obsession/fascination with break dancing...Maybe its cause its something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. As most dreams go I never learned how to break dance, but the guys that perform across the street from Central Park sure can. One day while perusing through the city I happened to come across these guys and ended up spending at least an hour absolutely entranced by them. This wasn't the first time I've seen them and it was the same story last time I saw them, which was about 3 and a half years ago. Anyway this performance had something special that not even the performers knew about. I was sitting there watching their routine and this little asian boy no older than 8 came and sat near me (funny thing was he reminded me of myself as a child) and as the show was drawing to a close he approached one the performers that was spectating and whispered something in his ear and all of a sudden the man stops everything and lets the boy take center stage. Long story short this little kid could dance...




No comments:

Post a Comment