Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pioneer Cabin. Sun Valley, ID.

I tossed and turned as rays of light shined through cracks in my window.  Trying to close my eyes for a few more minutes.  It didn't work.  The light, it was too blinding.  I rolled over and exclaimed expletives as the clock read 10:30 AM.  What time did we make it to bed?  Did we make brats last night?  Where are my socks?  All questions rampaging through my head like a hoard of children who haven't eaten.  I willed the courage to leave bed, hoping for a simple yet satisfying breakfast.  Which did not come.  For another 7 hours.  Instead, we loaded up the bright yellow Jeep, aptly named, Ol' yeller and headed into town.  As we lurched down the leaf covered streets of Ketchum, the cool fall air seemed to help.  After completing errands around town, the rampaging children had settled down.  No longer were they stomping around in my head.  Coupled with the hope for nourishment, things were looking up daisies.  However, those hopes were crushed, as we went on a hike instead.  Which wasn't so bad.  Definitely worth the view. 







No comments:

Post a Comment